Sunday 16 October 2016

The Return of History

The Return of History: Conflict, Migration, and Geopolitics in the Twenty-First CenturyThe Return of History: Conflict, Migration, and Geopolitics in the Twenty-First Century by Jennifer Welsh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Four and a half stars

I have to admit, I had some trouble getting into the first two essays, but the book picks up power and speed with the last three: The Return of Mass Flight; The Return of the Cold War; and The Return of Inequality. Jennifer Welsh clearly explains the times we are living in. Scary. The coming American election has become all that more important in my eyes.

Vital reading to fix the cracks in our liberal democracies.

Listen to the Massey Lectures on CBC Radio's Ideas from Mon Oct 31 to Fri Nov 4.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment