Sunday 12 February 2012

Goliath

Goliath (Leviathan, #3)Goliath by Scott Westerfeld

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A satisfactory ending to the Leviathan trilogy. I missed the creativity of the first two books: It seems that the imagined steampunk version of World War I no longer needed to be developed.

The book continues the trilogy's tradition of inventively mixing historical fact and fiction. Deryn injures her knee and gets fixed up by the doctor of Pancho Villa. Her rehabilitation includes a "beastie" compress that cleans out her wound and repairs ligaments using tendrils.

Still, I was not compelled by the action of the story to keep on reading as I had been in the first two books.

Maybe I just didn't want the adventures of Deryn and Alex to end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment